8 Fondue Sauces Recipes based on Mayonnaise also for Raclette!
from Thomas Sixt
Hi, I am a German Chef and Food Photographer. The imparting of cooking knowledge is my great passion. Everyone can cook for himself and with this website I would like to contribute to its success. Cooking questions I answer you gladly at the end of the articles. Have fun and good luck!
Table of Contents
- 1. Fondue Sauces based on Mayonnaise, also delicious for Raclette
- 2. Mayonnaise as Base Sauce and the 8 Fondue Sauces explained at the Chart
- 3. Mustard Sauce or Mustard Dip
- 4. Paprika Tomato Sauce or Dip
- 5. Herb Sauce or Herb Dip
- 6. Green Sauce or Green Dip
- 7. Remoulade Sauce
- 8. Tatar Sauce
- 9. Chantilly Sauce
- 10. Recipe for 8 Fondue Sauces in one go!
- 11. Calories 8 Fondue Sauces, the Nutritional Values at a Glance
1. Fondue Sauces based on Mayonnaise, also delicious for RacletteThe mayonnaise is a cold sauce and serves as a cold base sauce for many preparations. The preparation of the mayonnaise I already show in another article. The best way to prepare mayonnaise with the mixer . YES! That will certainly succeed. In the article you will also learn a lot about the popular mayo as well as tips for success. Here is the video to make the mayonnaise yourself – see the link to the recipe for mayonnaise.
2. Mayonnaise as Base Sauce and the 8 Fondue Sauces explained at the ChartIn classical cuisine, mayonnaise is a cold basic oil sauce. The mayonnaise can be used to prepare many sauces and dips. These are ideal companions for fondue and raclette. See the diagram and the following information for each cold sauce with mayo. In the recipe below, the quantities are put together exactly:
3. Mustard Sauce or Mustard DipMayonnaise with Dijon mustard or tarragon mustard and season with a little honey.
4. Paprika Tomato Sauce or DipRefine the mayonnaise with tomato paste and strips of red pepper.
5. Herb Sauce or Herb DipRefine mayonnaise with chopped herbs such as parsley, chervil, tarragon, chives, dill, herb mixtures from the freezer.
6. Green Sauce or Green DipRefine mayonnaise with sorrel, spinach leaves, cress, chervil, tarragon, parsley.
7. Remoulade SauceMayonnaise is seasoned piquantly with gherkins, capers, anchovies, parsley, chervil, tarragon and mustard.
8. Tatar SauceMayonnaise is refined with hard-boiled, chopped eggs and chives. Tip: For an even result: always chop boiled egg yolk and egg white extra finely.
9. Chantilly SauceThe mayonnaise is seasoned with lemon juice and cayenne pepper, whipped cream is added or placed on top of the mayonnaise.
10. Recipe for 8 Fondue Sauces in one go!First prepare the mayonnaise and then mix it with sour cream and créme fraîche. The amount is calculated for about 6-8 people at fondue or raclette. Portion the cold base sauce as 8 portions and prepare the 7 additional sauces for your fondue.
8 Fondue Sauces Recipes Mayonnaise
Classic recipe for 8 different cold sauces for fondue, derived from homemade mayonnaise.
Base Sauce with Mayonnaise
|240||ml||sun flower oil|
|1-2||tbs||Water (as needed)|
Mustard Sauce or Mustard Dipp
Paprika Tomato Sauce or Dipp
|1||pc||bell pepper red (cut into fine cubes, note: use grilled antipasti peppers)|
Herbs Sauce or Herbs Dipp
|2-4||tbs||mixed herbs (Italian frozen herb mixture or fresh herbs)|
Green Sauce or Green Dipp
|2-4||tbs||mixed herbs (sorrel, spinach leaves, cress, chervil, tarragon, parsley)|
|2-4||pc||gherkins (finely chopped)|
|1||tsp||capers (finely chopped)|
|1||pc||Sardellen (finely chopped)|
|1||tbs||Parsley (finely chopped)|
|1||tbs||chervil (finely chopped)|
|1||tsp||tarragon (finely chopped)|
|2||pc||hard-boiled egg (egg yolk and egg white separately extra finely chop)|
|2||tbs||chives rolls (finely chopped)|
|2||tbs||Whipped cream (use Cream Boy )|
Process all ingredients at room temperature! Cream egg yolk, salt and mustard. Stir in sunflower oil drop by drop.
When the mayonnaise becomes firm, slowly add more sunflower oil and work it in. Egg yolk and oil must combine to a solid mass, the so-called emulsion. Add vinegar or lemon juice and pepper and slowly stir in the rest of the oil. If necessary, stir in some water.
Mix the prepared mayonnaise with sour cream and Creme Fraiche. Season to taste with salt, pepper, cayenne pepper and lemon juice. You can also add cream fraiche or sour cream. Now divide the base sauce into 8 portions.
Depending on the sauce, add the ingredients, mix well, season to taste and keep covered in the fridge.